xfce filemanager and wierd filenames

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Apr 15 23:40:42 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 16:53, manny rosa wrote:

> Hey, I've noticed the filemanager has a bit of trouble
> with filenames with spaces. Like some file.txt,
> another file.dat. When drag-n-dropping such files,
> applications like Abiword say "file some not found"
> I'm assuming the filemanager is sending "some" instead
> of "some file.txt" Actually, maybe it should be "some\
> file.txt" Is this just me or...?

	I just did a test to see what would happen and it seems that some apps
can handle the space and some can't.  Abiword can't.  This really looks
like it's something in the apps rather than xftree.

	FWIW, file names with spaces in them are evil and wrong and should be
deleted from any system they are found on.  :-P

--
Using Linux since 11/91		|		http://www.linux.org
Linux user #29402		|		http://counter.li.org