xfce colours

Spyros Tsiolis spytsi at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 15 19:23:40 CEST 2002

Hi again chaps,

BTW, I found what I was doing wrong on the xfce coloured workspace
panel.

I did everything according to the manual. Installed from source
with a "--enable-old-style" switch, but the system wouldn't come
up with coloured buttons. It was silly, really ! :-)

There were two places where xfce placed the startup executables :

"/usr/X11R6/bin" and "/usr/local/bin" . The latter was updated with
the latest binaries (that were compiled from source). However it did
not reach "/usr/X11R6/bin". I just copied them over and it worked
like a charm.

thanks people,

s.

-----
"I merely function as a channel that filters music through
the chaos of noise"
- Vangelis