[Xfce-i18n] Regular releases for translation updates

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Wed Nov 26 00:15:35 CET 2014

Hi,

After a short discussion about release processes on #xfce-dev, I aim for
making releases of the components maintained by me roughly every six
months, even if there are no code changes. That is so your precious work
committed to git master actually finds its way to the user, because many
distributions (like mine) do not update the translations separately.
Also I believe it will keep the projects in a healthy state ;-)

In detail, this concerns
* xfce-weather-plugin
* xfce-cpufreq-plugin
* xfce-eyes-plugin

In the future, I will announce releases at least two weeks before the
release date, so you have some time playing catch-up and finish your
work. That's actually not something new. Of course, that won't be enough
as more translation work will be done after that.

So, there might be another release a month after that release, as by
experience some bugs will have been reported by then. This should give
all translators who missed the two weeks window enough time to update
their translations. Then, aforementioned 6-months cycle will set in. I
will always announce only the first release, though.

The only exception for that: The next releases for these components will
happen in about three weeks, probably on 2014-12-19. If you want your
work packed into that release, please try to upload or edit the strings
in transifex in due time.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'

PGP Key ID: 0xBA3AC516
Fingerprint: 569E 0ADA 440A 8B11 D1A2 AB47 8238 0256 BA3A C516