[Xfce-i18n] transifex – how to download all $LANG.po files

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Wed Sep 11 10:55:05 CEST 2013

Hi, sorry for being late:

Þann fös  5.júl 2013 11:49, skrifaði Kevin Brubeck Unhammer:
> Alex Nordlund <deep.alexander at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
>> <unhammer at fsfe.org> wrote:
>>
>>     Transifex is nice, but I haven't found a good way to download all
>>     po
>>     files of a language. Is there a simple method? (Preferably one
>>     that
>>     doesn't involve checking out all git repos, or doing the
>>     click–wait–click–wait–enter–click dance for each and every po
>>     file).
>>
>> Maybe the Transifex client could do this?
>> http://help.transifex.com/features/client/
>
> Interesting!
>
> This works for one sub-project:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install transifex-client
> $ mkdir xfce-translations
> $ cd xfce-translations
> $ tx init
> $ tx set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfce4-panel
> $ tx pull -l nn
>
> but I still have to find the URL for every single sub-project, since
>
> $ tx set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfce
>
> does not work ("0 resources found"), even though
> http://help.transifex.com/features/client/#for-translators seems like it
> should (and the HTML source of
> https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfce/language/nn does not seem to
> contain the necessary strings). Could it be a bug in transifex-client,
> or am I doing something wrong?

Was looking for a solution to the same problem, but this
thread derouted quickly into scripting maneuvers ;-)

Actually the path to use is not so straightforward:

tx set --auto-remote
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfce/r/all-resources/

Then:

tx pull -l [xx]

At least this created a directory structure with all the .po
files for my language.

Hope this helps someone.

Sveinn í Felli
Icelandic translator