[Xfce-i18n] FYI about Tx: You souldn't add any comments in .po files

Dimitris Glezos glezos at transifex.com
Wed Jul 17 18:23:16 CEST 2013

I'd encourage everyone to give the web-based editor a good try.
Comments are supported in a way which is much more powerful than the
Gettext comment (and hence, import or export of comments is not
supported):

 http://cl.ly/image/0D081h3Y2y3J
 https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/thunar/translate/

- Comments, discussions by multiple people: Who commented what, which language.
- Use @mentions to notify other people to reply to your comment.
- Comments can be marked as an Issue, which notifies the developer.
- Multiple people can work on the same file at the same time.
- Tags can be used to split work.
- Glossary, TM, etc are all live and updated constantly..

-d

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Nick Schermer <nick at xfce.org> wrote:

> Op 17 jul. 2013 10:47 schreef "Sergey Alyoshin" <alyoshin.s at gmail.com> het
> volgende:
>

>> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Nick Schermer <nick at xfce.org> wrote:
>> > I have no problems accepting patches to expand the code with useful
>> > comments
>> > about strings.
>>
>> Sometimes it is very useful to add comments as reminder, clarification,
>> style or integrity for other translators.  Such comments has nothing to do
>> with code.
>
> But often its also to clarify strings, which also befits other languages. In
> this case I can put it in the code.
>
> Nick

Dimitris Glezos
Founder & CEO, Transifex