[Xfce-i18n] transifex – how to download all $LANG.po files

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer unhammer at fsfe.org
Fri Jul 5 13:49:24 CEST 2013

Alex Nordlund <deep.alexander at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
> <unhammer at fsfe.org> wrote:
>
>     Transifex is nice, but I haven't found a good way to download all
>     po
>     files of a language. Is there a simple method? (Preferably one
>     that
>     doesn't involve checking out all git repos, or doing the
>     click–wait–click–wait–enter–click dance for each and every po
>     file).
>
> Maybe the Transifex client could do this?
> http://help.transifex.com/features/client/

Interesting!

This works for one sub-project:

$ sudo apt-get install transifex-client
$ mkdir xfce-translations
$ cd xfce-translations
$ tx init
$ tx set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfce4-panel
$ tx pull -l nn

but I still have to find the URL for every single sub-project, since

$ tx set --auto-remote https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfce

does not work ("0 resources found"), even though
http://help.transifex.com/features/client/#for-translators seems like it
should (and the HTML source of
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xfce/language/nn does not seem to
contain the necessary strings). Could it be a bug in transifex-client,
or am I doing something wrong?

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

GPG: 0x766AC60C