[Xfce-i18n] xfce4-weather-plugin string freeze

Seong-ho Cho darkcircle.0426 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 11:03:47 CET 2013

Am 25.01.2013 18:16, schrieb Seong-ho Cho:

> #!/bin/bash
> /usr/bin/xgettext --keyword=_ --add-comments --from-code=UTF-8
> panel-plugin/*.[ch] --output=~/xfce4-weather-**plugin.master.untitled.pot

I have some OBVIOUS mistake from here.
maybe second line is need to modify as follow

/usr/bin/xgettext --keyword=_ --keyword=d_:1 --keyword=P_:1,2
--keyword=P_:1,2 --keyword=N_ --keyword=NP_:1,2 --from-code=UTF-8
--foreign-user --output=xfce4-weather-plugin.master.untitled.pot
panel-plugin/*.[ch]

I refered this command line from enlightenment wiki site.
http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/Translating

if we use the former command, some messages will be missed. but the latter
command can eliminate this problem.
in case of generating message list of xfce4-weather-plugin with the former
command, there are about 50 messages missing.

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:55:36 +0100
Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at> wrote:

> if this way is not considered as useful thing, please tell transifex
> translation system to make pot file automatically when source tree is
> changed.

I'm sorry, but I cannot do anything about transifex, only regenerate po
files myself using "make update-po" as described above and commit to git. I
don't know who maintains transifex, but I guess it is not done
automatically because it would produce many commits, and if people upload
the files after transifex recreates the po file, they would still upload an
older version. Of course, it would be nice if transifex could produce an
updated po file by itself and return it for download.

2013/1/26 Masato Hashimoto <cabezon.hashimoto at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:55:36 +0100
> Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry, but I cannot do anything about transifex, only regenerate po
> > files myself using "make update-po" as described above and commit to
>
> Please ask Mike, Nick, etc. about it.
> Tx or translations.xfce.org supports automatically update of each po
> files.
>
> Regards

Thank you for giving useful information ;)