[Xfce-i18n] Inactive account problem, feature of Tx

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 21:01:50 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/3/21 Per Kongstad <p_kongstad at op.pl>:

>> Hi Nick,
>>
>> Maybe it's time to get upgraded the software to avoid manual
>> activation. ;-)
>
> Already working on that, but that might take some time.

As a quick solution I've managed to fix the problem with account
activation, so you can use the old link that was mailed to activate
the account, if I haven't done so already by hand.

On the long run we're going to switch to Transifex >= 1.1. However
this comes with some problems as well as a bunch of new features. Most
problems lie in the fact that Transifex does not support git any more
and although I agree with this decision (from the Tx folks' point of
view), it's not making our lives easier. I am working on a scrip that
does this on the server and commits new translations in the repository
(as a cronjob), but this is not ready yet. Upside of this is that
multiple Lotte saves are merged in a single po-update and we get much
better control of problems in po files (yes, there are a lot of them,
any translator ever heard of msgfmt ^_^?).

Another good thing, apart from the fancy-pansy web interface, will be
that translators can use the tx command line tool to push and pull
their translations. This will probably be disabled at the beginning,
because it could conflict with the work the server does, but once I
get the access handling right and the cronjob runs nicely we can
enable this.

I've been testing the new transifex for a couple of days now, poking
it with quite some data (and drinking coffee, because adding
translations is ssslllloooooow), but there are also a number of
critical problems in tx that need to be resolved: for example locking
is not working as well as the online translator (could be my setup as
well).

So, it will be all very nice, but it will take some time before we get
there. In the mean time, Tx 0.9 serves us nicely and I'll try to keep
it that way.

Nick