[Xfce-i18n] Website open for translations

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 10:17:27 CET 2011

As some of you might know, one of the reasons for the new website was
to allow translations through po files, so transifex could be used to
coordinate the translations. Well the traffic of the site is calming
down a bit, so let's give that a shot. You can submit your website
translations here:

http://translations.xfce.org/projects/p/www-xfce-org/c/master/

Once a language is complete (or I'd say, the important pages have been
translated), Jerome or I can enable a language in a php array
(lib/locales.php). Once that is done, the language will be rebuild
every hours on the website server, so newly submitted translations
will be available automagically shortly after a commit.

Now as a small warning, some of the pages are not entirely finished
yet (the getinvolved pages for example). I've also decided to not
translate the changelogs, seems unneeded to me since the descriptions
can be cryptic and therefore hard to translate.

So, lets give it a shot, take a good look what you start to translate
and focus on the important pages first and let us know if you see
strange sentences or typos.

Cheers,
Nick