[Xfce-i18n] Xfce 4.8 release this weekend!

Mișu Moldovan dumol at xfce.org
Fri Jan 14 00:36:48 CET 2011

Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:

> we are going to release Xfce 4.8 this Sunday (January 16th). You can
> submit translations all the time but if you want to be sure that they
> make it into 4.8, please submit them until Saturday night.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm sprinting for a 100% translated UI
(master without the docs). In Romanian, that is. This would translate
to 73% in the general statistics for master[1], or 2625/0/926 the
proportions for translated/fuzzy/untranslated strings. Some languages
are already there or beyond. (OK, quite a lot, I should say...) And at
least four of them have achieved exactly that: Czech, Hungarian, Kazakh
and Ukrainian (I didn't count the British team, everyone knows it's
just a script that changes "colors" to "colours" and such, hahaha...).

Translators for all languages above the 73% mark have all my respect,
but my deepest admiration goes to the Italian "incredibile squadra"[2]
which already has a perfect score of 100%!!!

Just bragging... And hoping for some smiles from fellow translators! :)

--
mișu

 1. https://translations.xfce.org/projects/p/xfce/r/master/
 2. https://translations.xfce.org/projects/p/xfce/team/it/