[Xfce-i18n] nick/gettext website branch

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 20:42:32 CET 2010

FYI,

Mike and I started to work on redesigning the website a bit. It will
have a header on the top of the page, which allows you to navigate
between the xfce subdomains (www, wiki, forum, bugs, translations, git
and docs [to be created]) and probably also some other css updates.
The header will also be added to the various subdomains.

As part of this work I pushed the nick/gettext branch, which allows to
translate the website with po files and thus only hold english-only
pages. It also removes some pages and moves other stuff around. Still
a bunch of text-only pages, but that will change soon.
Once this is finished translators can translate the website on
translations.xfce.org and allows us to keep things better up2date (not
translated will show english string, so no language will miss
contents).

Part of this is also reducing the number of subdomains; integrate
thunar.xfce.org, installit.x.o, pyxfce.x.o, squeeze.x.o and xfc.x.o
and move the content in either a more details project page on the
website or move it to the wiki.

Nick