[Xfce-i18n] Xfce 4.8 entering feature freeze / schedule information

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sun Nov 7 17:43:46 CET 2010

Hey everyone,

today we released Xfce 4.8pre1. This first pre-release means feature
freeze, so from now on until 4.8 has been released, please do not
introduce new features into the master branch of core components. If
there are new features you'd like to work on in parallel to the 4.8
cycle, please do so in feature branches.

With 4.8pre1 out of the door, we have 4 weeks until December 5th to
revise our translatable strings to make sure they are in good shape for
translation and for our end users to read.

On December 5th, we will most likely release Xfce 4.8pre2 and from that
date on, strings may no longer be changed. This makes life easier for
translators. Translators then have time to update their translations
until January 2nd, 2011. After that day we will prepare the final
release and nothing except for critical/blocker/build fixes may be
commited to the master branches of our core repositories.

Just as a reminder: the entire schedule is available on

  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.8/schedule

and the formalities can be read again on

  http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/release-model

Happy using/testing/translating 4.8pre1!

  - Jannis