[Xfce-i18n] Opinions about translations.xfce.org

Cristian Marchi cri.penta at gmail.com
Mon May 10 13:01:53 CEST 2010

Transifex makes surely easier and faster the translations submission.
But in the workflow I surely miss 2 functions:
1) a tool to search in the translated files: let's say that I find a
wrong translation in the gui of xfce. Now I have to discover the package
that actually contains the translation. It would instead be useful to
have a search engine that looks in all the translated file within a
language (let's say all "it.po" files in my case) to find the exact word
I'm looking for and prompt me with the possibility to change that
translation. Same function could be also useful to search the original
untranslated terms in case that in the xfce's gui you find an
untranslated term.
2) I appreciate the review feature but, if I'm not wrong, it send for
review the entire "po" file. It would be great if only the changed
translation could be sent for review cause most of the time the
translation work consist of integrating only few new sentences in an
existing translation.

Thanks, and if these features already exists please tell me!

Regards
Cristian