[Xfce-i18n] Possible to translate devel branch of xfce4-panel

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Feb 19 10:26:56 CET 2010

On 19.02.2010 09:37, Nick Schermer wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:18 AM, ????? <eskaer_spamsink at ngs.ru> wrote:
>>
>> So we need new %2 element which is a string equal to ordinal number for hour+1.
>
> Although not documented, %2 should already work (anything between 0
> and 9 will do), but i doubt you need that, because in 5:55, %0 = 5, %1
> = 6.

I think he needs the word "sixth", not "six" for the 5.30 case. An
ordinal number[0] like he said.

This is getting a bit complicated though.

>> Also "%1 o'clock" strings should be realized via gettextn to get
>> correct multiple plural forms for languages with >1 plural.

> That is also there, but not using gettextn. The strings with the "one"
> context are used for the first hour (1 0'clock) and the others for >1.

This only caters for languages with a single plural form, while gettextn
would handle multiple plurals for you.

- Jari

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordinal_number_%28linguistics%29