[Xfce-i18n] Possible to translate devel branch of xfce4-panel

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Wed Feb 17 19:23:35 CET 2010

On 17.02.2010 13:29, Nick Schermer wrote:
> Ok fixed. There is also a singular version (with the "one" msgctxt)
> for the strings, some languages require this (Spanish for example).
> Other languages should just copy the strings if there is no
> difference.
>
> Nick

Just finished my translation, but there's a problem:

$ msgfmt -c --check-accelerators=_ fi.po
fi.po:588: 'msgstr' is not a valid C format string, unlike 'msgid'.
Reason: The string ends in the middle of a directive.
fi.po:644: 'msgstr' is not a valid C format string, unlike 'msgid'.
Reason: The string ends in the middle of a directive.
msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors

The corresponding strings in fi.po:

#. I18N: %0 will be replaced with the preceding hour, %1 with
#. * the comming hour
#: ../plugins/clock/clock-fuzzy.c:98
#, c-format
msgid "%0 o'clock"
msgstr "%0"

#. I18N: some languages have a singular form for the first hour,
#. * other languages should just use the same strings as above
#: ../plugins/clock/clock-fuzzy.c:117
#, c-format
msgctxt "one"
msgid "%0 o'clock"
msgstr "%0"

I've tried different (incorrect) translations, but the only way to get
rid of the error seems to be to directly copy the string "%0 o'clock". I
did try adding text other than "o'clock" after the "%0", both with and
without the apostrophe, but to no avail.

- Jari