[Xfce-i18n] how to upload doc translations?

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 14:03:29 CET 2009

2009/11/11 huntxu <mhuntxu at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:17:11 +0800, Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> As Hunt Xu pointed out, add a new translation cause the upload button
>> near the Italian row is only for the file po/it.po. On another note, I
>> had like to mention that it should be necessary to file a bug report
>> to the component (via bugzilla.xfce.org) about the new translation of
>> the documentation. The maintainer of the package needs to update the
>> build scripts and create new directories for the output files.
>
> I just took a glance at
> http://git.xfce.org/xfce/exo/tree/po-doc/Makefile.am,
> it seems newly submitted translation of its documentation will be added
> automatically when generating Makefile since the maintainer doesn't use a
> file to record what language's translation have been added.
> But I still don't know how other projects' build scripts deal with the same
> issue,
> and whether the maintainers can assure there will be a directory for
> translators
> to add new translation of the documentation.

No it's not automatic. Indeed the po-doc/Makefile.am helps to create
the xml files, but if they aren't committed within the tree, the
documentation won't be installed. For that purpose, the
configure.ac.in script and $docdir/Makefile.am have to be modified.

But that is the current state, it is subject to change sooner or later.

--
Mike