[Xfce-i18n] Ask for an svn account and update Simplified Chinese translations

huntxu mhuntxu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:07:13 CEST 2009

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 05:46:44 +0800, Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 2009/6/8 Aron <aronmalache at 163.com>:
>> Hi,
>> I have updated Simplified Chinese translations at the following
>> location, please somebody commit them, the file will be deleted in 2
>> weeks.
>> http://www.namipan.com/d/zh_CN.diff.gz/caa895459c7ba9b44d9fbe8686f86cd0a3d3b0afa13c0100
>
> I managed to download it. But you should really avoid putting small
> files on external websites while you can attach the patch to the
> email. And also the fact that the site is chinese is quiet annoying
> for non-chinese people! I followed the urls, not the text.

I'm now reviewing Aron's patch in which I found some mistakes. I may
attach a patch this weekend because I will be busy till then.

>> And I want to ask for an svn account for maintaining the Simplified
>> Chinese translations, could anyone tell me how to do it?
>
> Question is do we already have a translator with commit rights for
> Simplified Chinese. Hunt Xu (CC'ed) seems to be the current translator
> who is very active, and it might be a good idea to team up with him.
> Now regarding the commit rights, before we are giving them away,
> please continue to send patches on this list and if we get it that you
> do the work properly we will consider it.
I'm also not yet a commiter and I've tried to contact the maintainers of
Simplified Chinese translation who are on this page:
http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/language_maintainers , but there was no reply. I
think it will be easier if I get an svn account for maintaining the
Simplified Chinese translations that I may help do some reviews and tests.

--
best regards,
hunt