[Xfce-i18n] Renaming bengali language code "bn_IN" to "bn" only

Runa Bhattacharjee runabh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 13:49:31 CET 2009

Hello,

Mike Massonnet wrote:
>> For a long time translation of xfce to bangla is not going on. Now i
>> want to carry one. but the bangla language code in xfce is "bn_IN"
>> which is not standard language code according to
>> "http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php"- Language
>> code.
>>
>> I eagerly request to change that "bn_IN" to "bn" only.
>>

> I'll do so, after the release. For right now you can contribute over
> the existing files or create new files with the right code language if
> it doesn't exist yet.

Kindly please do not rename the existing bn_IN project to bn. These are
disparate language projects (similar to pt and pt_BR). If the bn project
is not present in xfce, then I suggest Tanvir start one. We have had an
off-line conversation about this with Tanvir and bn_IN team is ok with
Tanvir using the bn_IN translations as the base for bn (without removing
past credits) and then reworking/updating them as required to be
consistent with bn translations in other projects.

hth

regards
Runa

--