[Xfce-i18n] solution for out-of-date pot files in git and/or tx misalignment?

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 13:40:41 CET 2009

2009/12/18 Leandro Regueiro <leandro.regueiro at gmail.com>:

>>> Hi take a look at
>>>
>>>    xfce4-settings
>
> Thanks. Fixed. Why the galician didn't merge with the latest POT?

This commit[0] is to blame. You can see in the header that the POT
file comes from an older version:

-"POT-Creation-Date: 2009-08-14 23:15+0200\n"
+"POT-Creation-Date: 2009-07-13 22:50+0200\n"

In other words, the uploaded PO file wasn't the latest version
available on git and it overwrote the existing file that was in fact
merged with the POT file (and it is unlikely to say if the Tx cache
has been refreshed by that time which is another problem pointed out,
for god sake, a thousand times, speaking with relativity). Hopefully
this kind of mistakes can be avoided in the future via Tx with an
automated merging process.

[0] http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-settings/commit/?id=a562d10e2dbf0bdc67a99154b4860832dea5ed6c

Regarding the pot files, thanks Glezos for pointing out the "POT
intltool" option, however all the projects are setup with "POT" only,
so it seems. I can't edit them, and it will take someones full evening
to update them all. Anyhow, that sounds like a great solution :-)

Kind Regards
--
Mike