[Xfce-i18n] solution for out-of-date pot files in git and/or tx misalignment?

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Thu Dec 17 19:08:13 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 6:35 PM, gianluca foddis
<gianluca.foddis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I noticed that the pot file of midori is out-of-date (I ran the ./waf
> --update-po command).

Tx reports 552 strings -- I checked out midori/po/midori.pot and it
has the same number of strings. But intltool-update produces 566
strings, which makes me think that the project has been configured in
Transifex to use a static POT file instead of a dynamic one produced
by intltool-update.

If this is true, an admin or the project maintainer could modify it.

> I think we need some common approach.
> Actually having pot files out-of-date and/or tx not aligned with git
> implies extra work for everybody (translators have to check the pot
> files, developers have to answer emails like this one and so on)

Definitely. The POT available to the translators (either on the VCS or
from the web tools) should contain the app source strings -- nothing
more or less. =)

> Is there some common strategy/solution that we can apply?
>
> regards,
> Gianluca.

Dimitris Glezos