[Xfce-i18n] ja.po xfwm4

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 17:16:25 CET 2009

> To my knowledge, There should either be a cron job or a trigger on git
> to synch git with Transifex.

Well that won't fix the issue. The problem is that developers should
rebuild the po files once they changed translatable strings (not just
before a release). You cannot expect this from a translation framework
like transifex. Strings could depend on generated files during the
build process, so then Transifex should also run an entire buildbot?
Out-of-scope if you'd ask me.

Of course daily git updates on transifex on a cron job would be a nice
addition, but it won't help if the git repo's po-files are
out-of-sync.

> Also the stats on Transifex are not reliable. See earlier discussions
> on the mailing list.
>
> Hopefully they will resolve the issues soon else there is one
> translator less leaving Danish without translator.

Our transifex version is a little behind we know that. Unfortunately
the only one with knowledge on the installation is Jannis and he's a
bit busy with other stuff atm. He'll get to it asap.

If you have problems with transifex the right thing to do is make
upstream bug reports. Hopefully you already did that, but give it some
time to work out, transifex is still a relative new product.

If there are missing or out of date po(t) files in git, please report
them to the i18n ml and we try to resolve them asap.

Nick