[Xfce-i18n] How to post images for doc

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 13:39:23 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/12/14 Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com>:
>

> > And this stands for the majority of the projects with documentation,
> > you have to send the images separately to the maintainer of the
> > application.
>
> Are there any special guidelines for theming with regards to app
screenshots?  For example, should you use a certain gtk-theme and window
manager theme when taking a screenshot?  Should compositing be turned on /
off?

I think it would be good if we had these guidelines.  That way the theme
settings could be consistent across applications screenshots, and the
documentation could look consistent from app-to-app, and from language to
language.

If no guidelines exist, would someone be willing to write them?  (I would do
it, but want to open things up and see if someone else can contribute in
this area, too.)

Jim