[Xfce-i18n] transifex. feature request: msgmerge

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Tue Aug 25 17:08:53 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Mike Massonnet<mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/8/23 Carles Muñoz Gorriz <carlesmu at internautas.org>:

>>> What prevents you from doing that before uploading through transifex?
>>

>> Nothing, I have done it with my recent uploads with transifex but it is
>> slow. By example, if a package has more than one pot file (e.g.: po/ and
>> po-doc/) the po file and the pot files are not in the same page, the
>> names are long and it is easy to make a mistake.
>>
>> Also, if it is done in the transifex server, it not depends on the
>> translator remembering to do it.

I like this idea. It will require some work, but we're scheduling a
restructuring of the Submission backend, which will make it easier to
do these kind of tricks. For the UI I was thinking something like
this:

  http://glezos.fedorapeople.org/transifex-merge.png

What do you think?

>> There is also the problem, if I want to download the files to the same
>> directory, that the po file names are not unique (nor the pot) in
>> transifex, most of the po/$lang.po and po-doc/$lang.po files has the
>> same name (for the same project and revision).

This could definitely be improved in Tx. We want the downloadable file
names to be kinda unique to avoid such cases.

> But I would actually hope that there would be a download link for the
> whole apps of a collection. This is at least possible on Moblin[1].
> Jannis, any idea? :-)
>
> [1] http://translate.moblin.org/languages/fr/collection/Moblin2/moblin2x/

This feature is available as a configuration option. It does take some
live CPU cycles to work though, and the use of a robots file will
definitely be a Good Idea™.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos