[Xfce-i18n] transifex. feature request: msgmerge

Carles Muñoz Gorriz carlesmu at internautas.org
Sun Aug 23 19:24:32 CEST 2009

En/na Stavros Giannouris ha escrit:
> 2009/8/23 Carles Muñoz Gorriz <carlesmu at internautas.org>:
>> Hi;
>>
>> Before moving to transifex I used to use msgmerge to normalize the new
>> po file because my po editor (poedit) messed the number of columns and
>> joined the referenced source lines. Also, without the msgmerge command
>> we get big and useless diffs.
>>
>> Could something similar be added to transifex when a po file is uploaded?
>>  $ msgmerge uploaded_po_file relevant_pot_file > out.po && mv out.po
>> uploaded_po_file
>>

> What prevents you from doing that before uploading through transifex?

Nothing, I have done it with my recent uploads with transifex but it is
slow. By example, if a package has more than one pot file (e.g.: po/ and
po-doc/) the po file and the pot files are not in the same page, the
names are long and it is easy to make a mistake.

Also, if it is done in the transifex server, it not depends on the
translator remembering to do it.

There is also the problem, if I want to download the files to the same
directory, that the po file names are not unique (nor the pot) in
transifex, most of the po/$lang.po and po-doc/$lang.po files has the
same name (for the same project and revision). But it should be another
feature request ;-)

regards,
--
carles