[Xfce-i18n] Transifex installation complete!

Sat Aug 15 19:00:03 CEST 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> our Transifex installation on https://translations.xfce.org/ is now
> ready for being used. What does this mean for you? See below.
> <snip>
>
> Translators (most important!)
> =============================
>
> All of you will have to register a new account. Just visit
> https://translations.xfce.org/ and click on 'Register' in the upper
> right corner. After that, please send a mail to Mike, Maximilian (dunno
> how active he is these days though) or one of the core developers of
> your choice so that we can add you to the translators group.

My username is Vincent, translating to Dutch.

> The first thing you should do is to set your firstname and surname on
> https://translations.xfce.org/accounts/profile/edit/personal/. This
> will help in setting the author commit information.
>
> After all this is done, you'll be ready to go. I won't go into details
> about the translation workflow with Transifex here but if you need
> more information you could have a look at
> http://transifex.org/wiki/About or google for tutorials.
>
> I encourage everyone to organize your teams on xfce-i18n at xfce.org if
> you haven't done so already, because AFAIK Transifex provides no ways
> to communicate with other translators (except for locking/unlocking PO
> files ;)).
>
> If you encounter any errors with the platform, please let me know and
> I'll either try to solve it or forward it to the Transifex developers.

Quite some :)

First of all, it's a bit odd that it says "Dutch (Flemish)" as there are
differences between the two.

Then, I get an empty dialog box when visiting
https://translations.xfce.org/accounts/profile/ or
https://translations.xfce.org/accounts/profile/edit/location/

Also, the throbber behind "Country" on the latter page keeps spinning,
there's a big empty area beneath "Position" and I can't quite see what the
use is of the three empty text boxes at the bottom of that.

--
Vincent