[Xfce-i18n] Temporary i18n download script over git

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 17:21:17 CEST 2009

Hi,

Note that Transifex is installed on https://translations.xfce.org/ and
it already allows you to download po files, tho I have a hard time to
figure where to download a fat tarball (right now I'm unable to figure
out where, but I'm sure I saw that, perhaps no Moblin, but it exists).

However I wrote a quick-n-dirty shell script, and I attach it here,
that is ment to be used to download the po files from git master as a
temporary solution until Transifex is fully ready. The script xdt-i18n
is using svn which has been set as read-only and sees no more updates
now that every project is on git.

To use the attached script, download and install it under a path that
is within $PATH (or add a personal path to $PATH) and make it
executable. Than create a directory, and within that new directory
execute the script and everything should be easy and straight forward.
The script will download the plain po files, and it will also
overwrite the existing po files so be carefull before you translate.
Always remember to update (rerun the script) after the git master has
been pushed.

If you wish to attach your updated translations, tar them up in one
archive and attach them to the i18n mailing list as usual, for
example:
tar cfz my-update.tar.gz xfce/xfdesktop xfce/xfwm4
panel-plugins/xfce4-notes-plugin ...

Again, once Transifex is up and running, trash that script and update
your translations directly online :-)

Mike