[Xfce-i18n] Power manager translations

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 16:16:13 CEST 2009

2009/4/28 Christian Dywan <christian at twotoasts.de>:
> Am Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:17:50 +0200
> schrieb Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com>:
>
>> 2009/4/28 Ali Abdallah <aliov at xfce.org>:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > As the release candidate of xfpm is out, so there will be no
>> > changes in the strings, and thus it is the best time to update your
>> > translations if you have time.
>>
>> I cannot find the string Extended in the po file. I will run a make
>> update-po for you ;) Btw, for an update-po to be successful you need
>> to delete the pot file first. Otherwise it will generate the po files
>> on top from the existing template, while it actually recreates the
>> templite file if it doesn't exist.
>
> That sounds like a pretty grave error in update-po. Assuming not
> everyone knows this or may as well not think about it.
>
> Is it filed?

I tested my saying, and I was plain wrong, the builded Makefile is
able to notice if the template is out of date. So no, but there is
something else "like that" that is true however, when you modify the
POTFILES.in/skip file, you need to rerun the configure script in order
to update the Makefile (tipically just run config.status). However
this action doesn't update the template, and the new Makefile doesn't
notice that a source has been modified, and this is when you need to
manually drop the template in order to update it, hence after updating
the POTFILES. Weiiird :-P

> ciao,
>    Christian

Cheers