[Xfce-i18n] Xfce 4.6.1 released

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Tue Apr 21 08:45:08 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:43 AM, Mișu Moldovan <dumol at gnome.ro> wrote:
> Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> a scris:

>> >   I second that suggestion. Also, I missed something like release schedule
>> > plan. The only news about this I had was from the dev blog [1].
>>
>> Something like this?
>>
>> http://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.6/milestones
>
> >From the point of view of a translator, there is one very important
> thing missing from the release process outlined at the above link: the
> string freeze.
>
> This should be a period of one to two weeks in which no translatable
> strings are changed. My suggestion is to implement string freezes in
> the release process and announce them on the xfce-i18n mailing list.

The stable branch (or trunk, since 4-6 weeks prior to 4.6.0) is
string-frozen. Any string-breakage should be announced on xfce-i18n.
:)

On April 19th, xfce-4.6 has been branched. This means that
string-freeze is still in effect on the 4.6 branch, but has been
lifted from trunk.

I hope this makes it clearer.

Kind regards,
Stephan