[Xfce-i18n] xfce Danish translation

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 20:44:31 CEST 2008

Hi Lars and Per,

Le Mon, 8 Sep 2008 04:49:48 -0600,
"David Mohr" <squisher at xfce.org> a écrit :

> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 4:40 AM, Per Kongstad <p_kongstad at op.pl> wrote:
> > Dear David,
> >
> > We have recently started to organize translation into Danish.
> >
> > Could you please advice us if we should take translation using
> > script xdt-i18n http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/svn_howto or the files
> > should be downloaded fraom somewhere else?
> >
> > Will the project not update po files with already translated strings
> > like it happens in Gnome project or shall that be a manuel process?

I don't know at all how things are going on for GNOME.  I have read
their wiki once about i18n, and for what I remember, you do svn
checkouts.  xdt-i18n does svn checkouts, and it tries to do this in a
efficient way: it doesn't download the whole source but only the .po
files.

Basically:
% xdt-i18n init xfce/trunk $HOME/i18n/xfce-trunk
% cd $HOME/i18n/xfce-trunk
% xdt-i18n stat <locale>

  where locale can be fr.po, de.po ...

will download the xfce core projects and display the number of
untranslated + fuzzy strings and the missing translations (No such file
or directory ;)).  There is a usage table in the wiki, I guess you saw
it.  So FWIW I think xdt-i18n is a pretty straight forward tool to
download xfce projects and translate them.  The svn diff outputs are
easy to apply afterwards on the whole projects at one time.

> > Looking forward to your earliest reply.

Enough said.  How is the foo-projects.org form going?  Can you start
your commits already?

Cheers
Mike