[Xfce-i18n] Updating translations?

Kristjan Siimson kristjan.siimson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 11:00:51 CEST 2008

Dear XFCE translators,

Yesterday I downloaded SVN copy of xfburn from ArchLinux's AUR repository. I
started up the program in Estonian, however to my surprise, there we're
several untranslated strings, although last time I had checked the
translation statistics, there we're none. Then I tried to search for
translation statistics again, as I had not saved the URL, but did not find
the one I had used the last time:
http://i18n.xfce.org/stats/index.php?mode=3&module=trunk/xfburn. This does
not report xfburn to be translated to Estonian at all! Finally, I grabbed
the Estonian PO file from repository. This did not show any untranslated
strings. Now I am not sure what is wrong - I have 3 ideas:

1. PO files are not automatically updated with untranslated strings as I had
thought.
2. There is something wrong with the translation statistics.
3. Arch Linux modifies Xfburn translation at some point.

Is any of them the case? How can I update the translation?

Regards,
Kristjan Siimson