[Xfce-i18n] About capitalisation

Abel Martín abel.martin.ruiz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:45:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have terrible concerns about capitalisation. I know 'Title
Capitalisation' is common for software products in English, but I'm
not so sure if this is the case for Spanish or other languages.

I've noticed that applications usually don't capitalise every word of
a sentence in Spanish. I've respected the style from msgid strings
capitalising nouns, adjectives and verbs, though. The thing is that
reverting all this capitalisation to lowercase would be a great effort
(it might be done easily with sed, but I'd have to respect software
package names) and I'm not sure if it's the right thing or if it's
worth.

I know there are languages like German where every noun is uppercase
and others where there's no capitalisation at all. What do you think?
Does any of you worry about such things? Maybe I'm an ortography
maniac :)

Regards,
Abel