[Xfce-i18n] Spanish translations - xubuntu

Sat Oct 4 10:45:09 CEST 2008

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Per Kongstad <p_kongstad at op.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been in touch with Xubuntu developers. They do not pull new
> translations into 8.04.
> Most likely to have missing translations in 8.04 to be pulled, you need
> to file a bug report and point to the tarball.
>
> I find this rather strange due to strings should be treated outside code
> like they do in Gnome / Ubuntu. Another fact is that it will be same
> desktop environment in 8.04 and 8.10.
>
> So to my suggestions. do the translation and then file a bug report on
> LaunchPad.
>
> Best regards
>
> Per Kongstad

Unfortunately, though the Xubuntu team is trying to maintain previous
releases, doing so requires manpower, and the main priority is the next
release (currently 8.10).

However, if you translate Xfce, you can expect them to end up in the next
release if they're finished in time (not sure when string freeze is this
time, but otherwise it'll be in 9.04). At least, that's what I experienced
when translating to Dutch.

Filing a bug report on Launchpad won't do any harm, so if you'd like to see
you translations in e.g. the LTS release I'd surely do that ;-)

Cheers,
--
Vincent