[Xfce-i18n] [SQ] Update patch for Xfce trunk and Goodies trunk

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 19:51:36 CET 2008

Hi Besnik,

Le Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:50:21 +0200,
Besnik Bleta <bbleta at otenet.gr> a écrit :

> Maximilian Schleiss wrote:
> > Le samedi 08 novembre 2008 à 21:05 +0200, Besnik Bleta a écrit :
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> More updates for both Xfce and Goodies trunks.
> >> Maximilian, I don't know the magics of "svn diff". So I'm not able
> >> to tell if the new patches I'm attaching here contain those posted
> >> already within the original message.
> >> Please commit them.
> >>

> > Unfortunately the patch for Xfce trunk is garbage, I will look into
> > it...
> >

> What do you mean? That it does contain the erroneous characters
> discussed previously?
> Thank you for your help, Maximilian.

I reviewed the patch for xfce, which didn't commit, and it has several
mistakes :/

To get the encoding right, it needs to be converted from utf8 to
iso885915 to be readable as utf8.  The patch contains characters as
"ë" which in utf8 gives "ë".

The patch contains the translation for xfwm4 which is the only one in
utf8.  So for the patch to apply, xfwm4 has to be extracted inside an
external patch.

But now at worst, the patch is outdated and doesn't apply correctly.

It will take ages to apply the rejected parts of the patch (understand
apply the whole patch by hand).

Which brings me to the conclusion: can you please update your local
copy of xfce (fix the conflicts if you get some) and make sure the po
files are in utf8.  Depending on the software you are using to
translate it can be as easy as to select the encoding in the menu.

> cheers
> besnik

Regards
Mike
PS: the string "Desktop" in thunar is translated completly wrong:
#: ../thunar/thunar-shortcuts-model.c:349
msgid "Desktop"
msgstr ""
"Ka tashmë një kartelë \"%s\". Do të donit të zëvendësohet?\n"
"\n"
"Nëse zëvendësoni një kartelë ekzistuese, përmbajtja e saj do të
mbishkruhet."