[Xfce-i18n] Upcoming 0.5.0 release of Xfce4 Dict

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Sun Nov 2 21:24:35 CET 2008

wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Enrico Tröger
><enrico.troeger at uvena.de>wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> just in case some of you have a little spare time :),
>> I'm going to release Xfce4 Dict at the end of next week and I just
>> changed a few strings which want to be translated, I guess.
>>
>> There are lots of changes, a few of them:
>> * Add a combo box around the search field in the main window to
>> provide a history of previously searched words.
>> * Add support for 'enchant' as spell check program.
>> * Add a link to easily start a Web search if there are no Dict
>> results.
>> * Highlight phonetic information provided by some dictionaries.
>> * Use a SexyIconEntry for the search field, it's just sexy :).
>> * Add support for links (cross-references) in dictd responses.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Enrico
>>

>A patch is attached :)
>(Note that two strings are untranslated because poedit was causing
>trouble)

I guess the trouble was about the strings with plural forms. Most
probably you need to fix your .po file by adding/adjusting

Check for a header line like

"Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);\n"

this is the form for German, might be different for Dutch.

And thanks for your update!

Regards,
Enrico