[Xfce-i18n] New translator

William Koch - Romani S.A. william at romani.com.br
Tue Jun 3 12:29:59 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:58 AM, Leandro Regueiro <leandro.regueiro at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 05:05:12PM +0200, Leandro Regueiro wrote:

> >> Ups, sorry.
> >>
> >> The wiki isn't complete because it doesn't tell translators how to
> >> commit the changes and how have to be translated, and where could them
> >> get that files.
> >
> > Hi Leandro,
> >
> > Don't be afraid to modify the wiki, I don't have the time, but I will
> > keep a note about that.
> >
> > Basically: if you don't know how to commit your changes, post your
> > translations on this mailing-list, and some of us with access commit
> > them once a week or two.
> >
> > If you don't know how to translate, well, it is simple, you checkout the
> > applications you want to translate and edit the po file.  The po files
> > are in the source tree at po/.  If your locale isn't in that directory,
> > you have to modify the LINGUAS file and run msginit.
> >
> > It is a good practice to join several translations inside a tarball with
> > a svn diff.  There is a note on the wiki, yes :), about how to use svn,
> > but it lacks info about how to run a diff and make a tarball, AFAICT.
> >
> >> Bye,
> >>              Leandro Regueiro
>
> OK, I have no doubts about how to send the translations, but where can
> I get the .po and .pot files?? Are there in only one directory in the
> SVN tree?? Are the goodies in the same place?? How to add a new .po
> file??

Hi Leandro.

Take a look in this page from the wiki, there you have the svn checkout
commands: http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/translation_guidance_in_xfce?s=checkout

There is another page that has the svn checkout command for xfce.org website
translation here: http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/svn_howto?s=svn

> The another day I tried to do svn diff and it didn't work.

This page has some informations about diff: http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/diff

You should contact the former translator in your language before translating
as they might have other steps in the translation process (Revision, etc),
search here for your language:
http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/language_maintainers

> Bye and thanks,
>                              Leandro Regueiro