[Xfce-i18n] New translator

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 21:54:58 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 05:05:12PM +0200, Leandro Regueiro wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Leandro Regueiro
> <leandro.regueiro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > what are the steps that a new translator should do to translate Xfce?
> > Step by step, please. And don't give me the link for the wiki, it is
> > incomplete.
> >
> > Bye,
> >         Leandro Regueiro
>
> Ups, sorry.
>
> The wiki isn't complete because it doesn't tell translators how to
> commit the changes and how have to be translated, and where could them
> get that files.

Hi Leandro,

Don't be afraid to modify the wiki, I don't have the time, but I will
keep a note about that.

Basically: if you don't know how to commit your changes, post your
translations on this mailing-list, and some of us with access commit
them once a week or two.

If you don't know how to translate, well, it is simple, you checkout the
applications you want to translate and edit the po file.  The po files
are in the source tree at po/.  If your locale isn't in that directory,
you have to modify the LINGUAS file and run msginit.

It is a good practice to join several translations inside a tarball with
a svn diff.  There is a note on the wiki, yes :), about how to use svn,
but it lacks info about how to run a diff and make a tarball, AFAICT.

> Bye,
>              Leandro Regueiro

Cheers
Mike