[Xfce-i18n] submitting translations

Maximilian Schleiss maximilian at xfce.org
Fri Jan 11 23:25:47 CET 2008

Le vendredi 11 janvier 2008 à 23:22 +0200, Mohamed Magdy a écrit :

> On Jan 11, 2008 5:18 PM, Dinesh Nadarajah <n_dinesh at yahoo.com> wrote:
>         Hi:
> Hello

Hi,

>         I would like to submit translations for Tamil language (ta).
>         How do I
>         go about it. The last time I did this I used to email it to
>         the mailing
>         list as an attachment.
>
>  Yes, it is still the same procedure :) just attach them and someone
> will commit them for you.

No it is not! And you know it Mohamed. You need to have svn installed
and create yourself a working copy of Xfce's svn tree, translate what
you want to and send a diff file against the most recent svn version.

The idea is that we use the "Subversion" tools to work on Xfce and so do
the translators. You will find information on how to proceed on the
i18.xfce.org website, more precisely here
http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/translation_guidance_in_xfce.

If you have a question or doubt whatsoever, do not hesitate to ask on
the list, just like Mohamed answered you, there will always be someone
who can help.

> Thanks,
> Mohamed

Best regards,