[Xfce-i18n] Translation of "Application" and "Places" to German

Michael Kremser mkspamx-xfcei18n at yahoo.de
Tue Aug 12 23:16:14 CEST 2008

Hello all together!

May I introduce myself shortly, first? My
name is Michael Kremser and I am a citizen of Graz, a small city in
Austria. I am almost 29 years old and work as a database programmer at
a local energy supply company. At home, I use Linux and other open
source software beside some commercial, well known operating system.

Since
about May 2007 I am a big fan of Xubuntu and therefore XFCE. In Xubuntu
8.04.1, the menu in the XFCE panel still shows english descriptions for
"Applications" and "Places", although the items in the Places menu
seems to be translated already. The "Recently opened documents" submenu
on the other hand still shows "Clear" instead of some German word for
that. However, I wasn't able to figure out which component is
"affected". So, I wanted to show my willness of helping out in
translating to German and wanted to ask
if anybody could tell me how I could start translating
"Applications", "Places" and the description for the "Places" plug in
in the extensions manager.

Greetings,

Michael

http://mail.yahoo.com