[Xfce-i18n] In case of 4.4.2

Brian J. Tarricone kelnos at xfce.org
Thu Nov 1 20:22:58 CET 2007

Og Maciel wrote:

> If we release 4.4.2 within the next couple of weeks, should we be
> concentrating on translating the 4.4 or trunk branch? The 4.4 branch
> is nearly at 100% (with the exception of 13 new strings added
> yesterday) for pt_BR.

In general please concentrate on the stable branch.  Trunk tends to
change pretty frequently, and we don't make releases from trunk, so the
translations end up only being for people who follow svn development
instead of releases.  Not saying you shouldn't translate trunk, just
that it's more important that the most recent stable branch (4.4 in this
case) is up-to-date at all times for releases.  We generally try to not
add/change strings to the stable branch, but sometimes it's necessary.

As mentioned earlier, you can always check the status of your languages
here:
http://i18n.xfce.org/stats/
That gets regenerated every 6 hours.  Tonight I'll run through all the
modules and run update-po on the po/ dirs to make sure everything's up
to date.

	-brian