[Xfce-i18n] Dutch translation of Thunar

Vincent imnotb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 16:57:22 CEST 2007

On 16/06/07, Maximilian Schleiss <maximilian at xfce.org> wrote:

> On sam, 2007-06-16 at 13:11 +0200, Vincent wrote:
> >

> > On 16/06/07, Maximilian Schleiss <maximilian at xfce.org> wrote:
> >         <snip>
> >         I noted that the dutch translation of the
> >         libxfce4util package is missing some strings, take a look at
> >         the
> >         gnu.org[2] website and you'll find translated licences in many
> >         languages.
> >         <snip>
> >         [2] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/translations.html
> >

> > I see the licenses are translated, but I can't find a translation of
> > the "applying the license to your software" [1].
> >
> > [1] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html#SEC4
>
> I don't really understand why you would like to find that, it is not
> even included in the libxfce4util strings to be translated. Just pick
> out what you need to translate and the rest is of no use to us for the
> moment.

This is one of the three license strings in nl.po:

This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or\n
> modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public\n
> License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either\n
> version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.\n
> \n
> This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,\n
> but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of\n
> MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU\n
> Library General Public License for more details.\n
> \n
> You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public\n
> License along with this library; if not, write to the \n
> Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, \n
> Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA.\n

Which isn't the whole license of which translations exist. I thought it was
what you can find at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html#SEC4 :

one line to give the library's name and an idea of what it does.
> Copyright (C) year  name of author
>
> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
> modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
> License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
> version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
>
> This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
> but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
> MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
> Lesser General Public License for more details.
>
> You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
> License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
> Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301  USA
>

> > --
> > Vincent
>
> Max.

Vincent