[Xfce-i18n] Documentation

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Mon Jun 4 22:01:33 CEST 2007

On 6/4/07, Georg Halfas <georg.halfas at gmx.net> wrote:
> Am Mon, 04 Jun 2007 12:57:57 +0200
> schrieb Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>:
>
> > Le lundi 04 juin 2007 à 12:32 +0200, Georg Halfas a écrit :
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > hi
> >
> > > my name is Georg Halfas. About a week ago I installed a
> > > linuxdistribiution that came along with a Xfce-Desktop. From the
> > > beginning I was realy sold on this desktop. But I found out that
> > > many sections of the documentation haven't been translated into
> > > german yet. So i'd like to offer my assistance. Please let me know
> > > if you are interested.
> >
> > We always welcome any kind of help, but before translating the
> > documentation maybe updating it would be helpful too.
> >
> O.k. I've no objections but as I just started with Xfce I don't know
> very much of it. So wouldn't it make more sence to begin with existing
> files instead of writing new ones?

As a novice Xfce user, there is no reason why you can't write
documentation. As a new user, you might even have some fresh ideas on
the perspective to use when making a document like this. As
developers, we have little insight in what users want. Sad, but
generally true. Especially when this is set out against the users
themselves.

So what I am trying to say is that we are short on quality
documentation on nearly all of the Xfce core projects and we welcome
any help we can.

The question is this: 'Are you willing to develop some Xfce documentation?'

--

Stephan