[Xfce-i18n] FYI, GNU gettext 0.14.6 vs 0.16.1

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Tue Jul 10 20:25:17 CEST 2007

These days,

I've been struggling with my messed up i18n environment;
some show fully translated strings, some gives partially
translated strings, the others only returns English in GUI
while all of them have .mo files translated completely...

It turned out that all's caused by updated gettext 0.16.1,
working flawlessly with downgraded gettext 0.14.6.

If you have a problem like this, check your version of
gettext first, especially for those who have non-UTF-8 in
your locale values (possibly Solaris, HP-UX, AIX).

Night,
--
Daichi

ISO 639-2: http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php