[Xfce-i18n] Tamil Translation of XFCE

Maximilian Schleiss maxschleiss at bluewin.ch
Thu Jan 11 11:03:18 CET 2007

ம.ராமதாஸ் wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> I would like to volunteer for translating Xubuntu to Tamil.

Very good, we look forward to see the tamil translation updated. Please
be so kind to check this mail
http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce-i18n/2007-January/005347.html and
grab the files attached to it, rename the *.bin in *.sh.

> From this page http://i18n.xfce.org/wiki/language_maintainers, I find
> a Dinesh Nadarajah as the maintainer for Tamil Language. I had mailed
> him more than a month back and since then waiting for reply.

Try sending another mail. In the meantime you can send your svn diff
patches to the mailing and we will upload them.

> Well. I have been contributing for translations of Ubuntu, KDE and
> GNU's Website to Tamil.

You seem to have experience in translating for the open source community.

> Would like to contribute for XFCE also. I would like to even take up
> resposibility of maintaining Tamil of XFCE..

You have a lot of work in front of you as the tamil translations are in
very bad shape.

> Awaiting feedback.
>
> Thank You.

You're welcome.