[Xfce-i18n] Introduction and proposal

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Mon Aug 20 14:18:47 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 11:52 -0400, Og Maciel wrote:
> Hi all,

hi

> My proposal is as follows:  Some of our collaborators have expressed a
> deep interest in applying the same process of translation and revision
> to the XFCE packages!  What is the advantage of doing this if XFCE is
> nearly 100% finished/translated, you may ask?  To ensure that a
> Brazilian Portuguese speaker will see a standardized vocabulary and
> experience, no matter which distro or windows manager he/she may end
> up using!  Obviously, there is nothing stopping us from sending in our
> patches but the revision process could be the bottle neck for a timely
> release.  So I'd like to ask if we can have either a single point of
> contact for getting our patches revised/committed OR maybe have some
> of our members granted commit access based on their current activity
> records for the GNOME and Ubuntu teams?
>
> If you all agree with this latter option, I'd provide you with a list
> of names/emails so that you can familiarize yourselves with our work
> and background.

I back your proposal. For starters you can send your patches to this ML.
For the future, you (or someone in your team) can get a svn account.
When we started setting up svn account for translators we tried to limit
them to one account by language (for administration time reasons). In
order to get this account, the current committer (Adriano Winter Bess)
should terminate his account. Then, we'll eventually see for one or two
more accounts for your team. Auke if you read this could you give your
point of view ?

Regards
--
Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>