[Xfce-i18n] Checkbox strings in wmtweaks plugin

Adriano Winter Bess awbess at gmail.com
Fri May 5 19:25:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've noticed that Olivier uses newlines explicitly to brake very long strings in
some checkbox translatable strings for the WM tweaks plugin. IMO this is not
very good because we must be guessing (most of the times by trial and error)
when do we have to and where should we put the newlines for the translated
strings. Another problem is that even for the C locale (the hardcoded strings)
there are some strings which seem to brake line to soon (please see the Cycling
tab in WM Tweaks plugins to see what I mean).

Guessing where and when to put newlines is also a problem because it depends on
the font and size being used. I think it would be better not to have newlines at
all for those strings and use:

	gtk_label_set_line_wrap (label, TRUE);

for them. This will give us a reasonable width appropriatelly handled by GTK+ and
takes away the need to manipulate these arbitrary newlines. What do you
(Olivier?) think?

Regards,
Adriano
--