[Xfce-i18n] Strings from libexo

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu May 4 09:35:19 CEST 2006

Michal Varady wrote:
> Hi,

Hey Michael,

> where can I found the strings from (lib)exo, please? There are many
> strings to translate, but I was only able to show these from command
> line help or the strings from "Preferred applications" dialog. Could
> anyone advise more?

Which strings do you mean exactly? For example the strings from the
first-time chooser dialog (only shown if default is not found) can be
seen by editing ~/.config/xfce4/helpers.rc and setting the WebBrowser,
MailReader and TerminalEmulator settings to invalid values, i.e.:

WebBrowser=doesnotexists
MailReader=doesnotexists
TerminalEmulator=doesnotexists

Now with

exo-open --launch WebBrowser
exo-open --launch MailReader
exo-open --launch TerminalEmulator

you'll see the strings asking you to choose an application first.

> Thanks in advance,
> Michal

HTH,
Benedikt