[Xfce-i18n] Initial Japanese document for Thunar

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Mar 6 16:50:15 CET 2006

Daichi Kawahata wrote:
> Hi Benedikt,

Hey Daichi,

> Just finished translating the documentation for Thunar,
> if that's in time for the release, please import attached
> file.
>
> For the other translators, as you may know, I've been
> using xml2po to manage a document translation process, will
> attach a patch. If you have interests in this mechanism,
> please try this out & let me know your comments, if that's
> suitable for the most translators, I'll ask about this
> to the developers in the developer's ML. Note that, you
> shall not be forced to use this method to translate the
> documents, there must be an another way you preferred.
>
> If you'll try to use it, see po-doc/Makefile.am, just
> adding your language code/files in the required places
> would be enough, maybe.
>
> For the Right-to-Left language translators, I've confirmed
> that generated HTML files are certainly messed, thus this
> patch isn't for you but I'd like to, at least, establish
> the synchronized mechanism in between updated original
> (English) documents and the translated documents.

Looks good. I committed the stuff today (too late for the release).

I think we can use the same procedure to translate the Terminal manual.

> Night,

Benedikt

PS: I also change autogen.sh/configure.in.in to read the set of
available languages from po/LINGUAS. This should make adding new
languages easier for translators.