[Xfce-i18n] Next release

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Wed Feb 22 09:04:32 CET 2006

Bună ziua Mişu! (Hi!) :)

On 21/02/2006, at 11:11 PM, Mişu Moldovan wrote:

> În data de Ma, 21 feb 06 la 13:51, Clytie Siddall a scris:
>> On 21/02/2006, at 6:14 PM, Mişu Moldovan wrote:
>>>
>>> With Gaim 2.0 almost done (it's bigger than Xfce 4.2, you know...)
>>
>> (it's HUGE, 12000 lines last time I did it ... and found out I'd
>> translated a "too new version" :S  I was relieved when another
>> translator asked to do it!)
>
> It's not that huge, 2540 strings to be precise, please see for details
> http://gaim.sourceforge.net/i18n/ .

I think my file contained a lot of obsolete strings. It's still
pretty big.

The evolution file is over 4500 strings, and they keep adding to it.
It's a good one for testing processing speed in a translation editor. ;)

>>> As most of you probably know, a lot of the translatable strings from
>>> Xfce come from libraries that are part of the GNOME translation
>>> project: glib, gtk* etc. and the best time to translate them is
>>> during GNOME's string freeze.
>>
>> They don't freeze everything, either: only the main section. Plenty
>> of activity, even during "string freeze"!
>
> Well, they certainly freeze the libraries' section and that is the
> only
> one of direct interest for us, the Xfce translators. I think we should
> make sure that glib, gtk+, gtk+-properties and atk are translated for
> Xfce to have a fully localized interface (gdm may also be of interest
> as it is a login manager without gnome dependencies). Please
> correct me
> if I missed anything.

Yes, the developer-libs section not only froze, but observed the
freeze. That's a big help.

>> Good luck, Mişu!
>>
>> живели! (sorta like "good luck")
>>
>> (if I have the right language... :S)
>
> .ro is for Romania, and Romanian is a latin language like French,
> Spanish or Italian. "Good luck!" in Romanian is "Noroc!".

Thanks. :)  I didn't see that info in your sig., or know your
language team, so I guessed. ;)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)