[Xfce-i18n] Next release

Mişu Moldovan dumol at gnome.ro
Mon Feb 20 21:55:08 CET 2006

În data de Lu, 20 feb 06 la 04:37, sofar a scris:

> On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 11:52:23 +0000, Trolltux <gnu.troll at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > When issue next release of xfce?
> > (Sorry my bad English, I'm from russia)
>
> when it is done.
>
>  If you monitor the xfce-dev mailinglist by reading the archives you
> might be able  to read *estimates* and *projected* release dates of
> whatever is in  progress.
>
> Auke

First of all, sorry for cross-posting but this thread on the xfce user
list got me going... Is it also required for the translators to follow
the xfce-dev list just to get an idea about what the estimated release
dates are? I follow xfce-i18n and I do hope we will be given some hints
on this list about when the next releases will happen. I would be happy
with a string freeze of two weeks or even less for Xfce 4.4 if given
some estimates in advance.

For now, the only hint for how close the 4.4 release really is, seems
to be the growing number of updated translations. However, some of us
have very limited time for such work, and for me it also happens to
interfere with other free software releases (GNOME 2.14 and Gaim 2.0
come to mind). That's why I would like to avoid chasing a moving target
as much as possible.

Can you please find a compromise between the "release when ready" style
and the interests of translators? And please excuse me if I missed
something or sounded a bit too harsh.

Best,

--
     .