[Xfce-i18n] Get xfce-goodies po/pot files

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg2002 at freemail.gr
Mon Feb 13 17:28:43 CET 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:05:45 +0100 (CET)
SZERVÁC Attila <sas at 321.hu> wrote:

>  some plugins have i18n support, but no have pot file is the po dir
> (correctly) U can make Your .po file by renaming & editing an
> existing .po file. E.g.

The proper way to do it would of course be by running
$ gmake update-po
inside the po/ directory, assuming of course that you have
run ./configure in the root source directory.

After creating the *.pot file, you should run
$ msginit
which will use the $LANG env.variable to determine your language and
create the correct (but untranslated) .po file for you.
You should use msginit in every case, since some things (notably plural
forms) will not be set up correctly when just renaming the .pot , and
the resulting file will be broken.

Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: stavrosg at jabber.org

"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Just copy me to your signature  to help me spread"